Spring is equal with blooming, blossoms, birds singing, love all around and WILD GARLIC!
For me all of above, but especially the wild garlic! As simple as it is I love preparing and eating it in so many ways. I can’t get enough of it! Crispy, green, tasty and precious this little wonder leaf during this period of March and April is one of my fridge main component.
You can use it in salads, creamy soups, creams or pesto. You can add it to any type of ragu, grilled veggies, biscuits, crackers and so many other dishes.
During spring try to keep a diet with wild garlic adding it daily to your meals one month long in as many ways as possible.
Below I brought you a tasty, flavored WILD GARLIC PESTO RECIPE.
- 200 g wild garlic
- 100 g walnuts
- 50 cashew nuts
- lemon juice
- 1-2 tea spoons nutritional yeast
- 2-3 spoons cold pressed olive oil
Grind the cashew nuts in a coffee grinder. Put the rest of ingredients in the blender’s large bowl, add the cashew nuts and mix it until you get a creamy, nice texture.
- The recipe above can be modified as you wish. You can use other seeds or nuts (sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- If you prefer a smoother taste for your pesto you can replace a part of the wild garlic with fresh spinach leaves
- You can use this pesto for the preparation of creams, pates, sandwiches, pasta
- In the fridge you can store it up to 1 week
Send me how your pesto looks like and I am waiting for your feedback regarding this little wonder.