Salads are great! I mean, who doesn’t love a good, nutritious salad, right? A big bowl of cold and crispy, properly flavored salad can be the best thing on a hot day. But I have to admit when it gets cold outside even my salads desire a little warmth. So this quick carrot salad is just perfect!
This year spring came as usual with all the gentle sunlight and luke warm breezes. It also had days when it was unusually cold and it almost felt like winter was back again. No wonder I started craving something delicious yet nutritionally satisfying that was not going to freeze me to my bones and wasn’t just going to add to my cold weather related occasional hypothermia. 🙂
So I decided to pull out an oldie but goodie: a yummy vegan carrot salad that you can fix within minutes. As an added bonus, all of its ingredients can usually be found in most kitchens, most of the time.
Quick Carrot Salad
- 40 dkg carrots (it is about to medium sized carrots)
- 1 bigger white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 tbs cold pressed sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a little bit of ground black pepper
Shred the carrots thinly than put them in a cell and bowl.
Heat the oil in a pan then sauté the finely chopped onions and garlic cloves until glassy. Make sure you don’t burn them!
Pour onions and the garlic along with the oil on top of the shredded carrot.
Salt and pepper to taste, mix it well and bon appétit!
- you may serve it with oven piquant baked garbanzo beans and sprouts (displayed on image below) /li>
- this delicious carrot salad is perfect as an afternoon snack or even as a light dinner
- you may serve it along with a bouquet of fresh, finely chopped parsley greens
- if you’re brave enough and/or you prefer more piquant flavors you may substitute salt with salty hot pepper paste.